Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Very Berry Smoothie

The other night I was feeling poorly and asked my husband to make me a smoothie. He came back with one that was, basically, the same as our wedding color - a gorgeous, vibrant dark purple. I wish I had a picture of it, but this one I found on the web looks very similar. Anyway, it was delicious.
As always, I certainly invite you to try this recipe in your own blenders or other machines -- just follow the directions as your instructional manual suggests.

Photo from Smoothie Web
Very Berry Smoothie
(Vita-Mix Recipe)
2 cups of 100% apple juice
1 cup fresh spinach, washed
1/2 medium apple, halved (seeds optional)
1 cup frozen mixed berries, unsweetened (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries)
10 medium-large strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
1 scoop protein powder (of your choice; we use Whole Nectar soy smoothie powder)
Miel de agave (Agave nectar), to taste
Ice to chill
  1. Place all ingredients into Vita-Mix in the order listed and secure lid.
  2. Select Variable 1.
  3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
  4. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
So yummy and healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment