Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Strawberry-Spinach Smoothie

I tried to imitate the smoothie my husband made for me, but found we were out of the mixed berries. This was my alternative, and we both love it just as much! It is one of my new favorite smoothies. I sometimes vary the juice and add some orange juice for an extra kick of flavor.

As always, I certainly invite you to try this recipe in your own blenders or other machines -- just follow the directions as your instructional manual suggests.


Strawberry-Spinach Smoothie
(Vita-Mix Recipe)
1 1/2 - 2 cups of 100% apple juice
1/2 c of 100% orange juice (optional)
1 cup fresh spinach, washed
1/2 medium apple, halved (seeds optional)
3-4 baby carrots
10 medium-large strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
1 scoop protein powder (of your choice; we use Whole Nectar soy smoothie powder)
Miel de agave (Agave nectar), to taste
Ice to chill

1.     Place all ingredients into Vita-Mix in the order listed and secure lid.
2.    Select Variable 1.
3.    Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4.    Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.

Delicious and refreshing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment