Monday, October 1, 2012

Refreshing Grape and Kale Smoothie


So it's been awhile since I've posted any recipes. The truth is, we've been so busy house-hunting, packing, moving, and now un-packing and decorating that we haven't been able to try new recipes. Actually, I have to admit that I've been pretty lazy. We've stuck to the same old spinach-berry smoothie all this time. We got sick of it, and my husband wanted a green smoothie. I didn't have the fresh pineapple that the original recipe that I posted required, so I just made up my own. This was delicious and so different from our typical berry smoothie! The strawberries were very subtle, and the primary flavor was a refreshing, slightly sweet mix of grape and kale flavor.



Grape and Kale Smoothie
(Vita-Mix Recipe)
2 cups of 100% white grape juice
2 large handfuls of fresh spinach, washed
1-2 large sprigs of fresh kale, washed
3-4 baby carrots, washed
6 medium strawberries, washed
1 scoop protein powder
Miel de agave (Agave nectar), to taste
Ice to chill

  1. Place all ingredients into Vita-Mix in the order listed and secure lid.
  2. Select Variable 1.
  3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
  4. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment