Saturday, October 8, 2011

Contributing Recipe: Lisa's Green Smoothie

Here's another recipe for a delicious green smoothie! My friend Lisa told me that her kids absolutely LOVE this smoothie. They go through it so fast that there is rarely any left for her to enjoy!
As always, I certainly invite you to try this recipe in your own blenders or other machines -- just follow the directions as your instructional manual suggests.

Lisa's Green Smoothie
(Vita-Mix Recipe) 
1 cup water
1 inch slice European cucumber
1 scoop protein powder
Two handfuls of spinach
1 cup of frozen strawberries or blueberries
Stevia, to taste
Ice to chill
  1. Place all ingredients into Vita-Mix in the order listed and secure lid.
  2. Select Variable 1.
  3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
  4. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Thanks, Lisa, for the recipe!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry! Wrote it up in the wrong order, it's water, cucumber, then protein powder, with everything else as listed. I'm distracted by the canning I should be doing ;) lol! Love you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! Really Michelle, I wish you could see my kids run when I fire up the vita-mix. :)

    ReplyDelete