Saturday, October 8, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Rissoles

This recipe is one I haven't made in awhile, but came across when browsing my recipe list. I really loved this easy and very healthy version of chicken rissoles, and am thinking I need to make them again soon!



Chicken Rissoles
Yield: 4 Rissoles
10 oz. ground chicken
1 egg white
1/4 cup of finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 c of oat flour (can be made by grinding oatmeal in blender, food processor or coffee grinder)
Olive oil

Mix the ground chicken, egg, onion and herbs well with a spoon or your hands. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Roll into shape for a rissole (I usually just make patties). Lightly coat each rissole in the oat flour. Cook in a pre-heated non-stick skillet, sprayed or coated lightly with olive oil, for 10-15 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment